Software Sales Leader at Watsco Ventures
OnCall Air — an innovative SaaS software startup within Watsco Ventures — is hiring a Sales Development Associate to accelerate our customer acquisition efforts.
The SDA is a self-directed, enthusiastic individual who thrives on developing quality relationships, and knows how to convert prospects to customers!
Why is this a great job?
This is an opportunity to join a unique software company on the ground floor. OnCall Air is growing with a committed and passionate user base; and a massive pipeline of prospective customers to bring onboard.
You’ll work within a startup culture that has a team-first, long term philosophy focused on our collective success. By the way, we’re also allergic to bureaucracy and the politics of most corporations.
And you’ll also work as part of the Watsco Ventures team, collaborating with other exciting startup ventures inside this unique “innovation factory”.
What does the typical day look like?
Trick question. We’re a startup and there is no such things as a typical day!
But here are some of the things you’ll likely be doing in the first few months:
- Drive our growth by reaching out to customers proactively (phone, email, in person), developing relationships, and converting qualified prospects to customers.
- Conduct demos and webinars of the product and value proposition
- Travel to contractor locations across the country to develop relationships, promote our products, and uncover sales opportunities
- Collaborate on marketing initiatives to drive awareness and qualified lead opportunities
- Track your customer conversations, schedules, and tasks in our CRM
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to onboard and support customers
- Gain expertise in the US residential HVAC industry, the operations of an HVAC contractor, and the software market for home service providers
What skills are needed?
Regardless of education or work history, the Business Developer has these core skills:
- Communicator – Great at communicating over the phone, in person, and via email.
- Action Oriented – Knows how to work fast and smart, and appreciates the importance of constantly moving forward.
- Sales – Some level of sales experience is important. Ideally selling to home service providers or contractors, but that’s not a must.
- Growth Hacker – Thrives on testing new techniques and constantly improving tactics to deliver results.
- Fearless – as with any great business developer, have the ability to move on and learn from a customer rejection.
- Techie – Understands and enjoys working with — and learning — software and the latest CRM and sales technologies.
What work or educational experience is needed?
There are no set “years of experience” required. We’re much more interested in your attitude, skills, and your ability to deliver on objectives.
Having experience in a startup environment or a software company is a big plus and having direct HVAC or home services exposure is also beneficial (but not required).
Ultimately, we’re most interested in your past success, and what your former colleagues would say about you; and less about what your title was or your years of experience.
Sounds great, so how do I apply?
To apply, please introduce yourself via an email to email@example.com explaining why you are a great fit for the job, and attach your resume. Reference job code “SDA01” in the subject line of the email.