Front-End Web Developer at Watsco Ventures
Watsco Ventures is hiring a mid-level Front-End Web Developer to help us build our innovative multi-platform software product, OnCall Air (www.oncallair.com).
The Front-End Developer is a self-directed, enthusiastic individual who thrives on building great user experiences, has a passion for coding with some of the latest technologies, and loves working with a dedicated team.
Why is this a great job?
This is an opportunity to join a unique software startup backed by one of the largest companies of it’s type. As a Front-End Developer, you’ll be challenged to create dynamic user interfaces that delight our end users across multiple platforms.
You’ll work within a friendly, collaborative culture that has a team-first philosophy focused on our collective success. By the way, we’re also allergic to bureaucracy and the politics of most corporations!
What does the typical day look like?
Trick question. We’re a startup, and there is no such things as a typical day! But here are some of the things you’ll probably be doing in the first few months:
- Build interactive web interfaces with Angular JS, HTML, and CSS
- Work closely with product managers, UX designers, and operations team.
- Collaborate with other team members in architecture, code reviews, and testing.
- Define and implement best practices to keep code bug-free, lean, and effective.
- Write practical tests that improve the reliability of the software
- Work with the back-end API and database developers to develop new features
- Learn new skills as you work with a multi-skilled team of engineers.
What skills are needed?
Regardless of education or work history, the Front-End Designer has these core skills:
- HTML/CSS – Expertise in HTML and CSS. 3+ years. Solid understanding of CSS frameworks is a plus.
- Angular JS – At least 6 months of hands-on coding in Angular JS, or a similar technology like React
- Software Architecture – A solid understanding of modern web development, including MVC frameworks
- Testing– Knows how to build effective tests for code
- Learning Enthusiast – You will challenge us to stay ahead of the curve and bring the latest techniques across the coding spectrum.
Beyond these skills, we care most about your attitude and enthusiasm!
What work or educational experience is needed?
This is a role for a mid-level individual who has a few years of experience either professionally, and has at least 3 years working as a front-end developer.
Having experience in a startup environment or a software company is a big plus.
Ultimately, we’re most interested in what coding projects you’ve delivered, and what your former colleagues (in school or your first job) would say about you; and less about what your title was or your years of experience.
Sounds great, so how do I apply?
To apply, please introduce yourself via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are a great fit for the job, and attach your resume and github profile. Also, please reference job code “DEV71” in the subject line of the email.
If we think your application is a fit, we’ll schedule a 30 minute phone screen, and if that goes well we’ll bring you in to meet with multiple members of our team at our Coconut Grove location.