OnCall Air (www.oncallair.com) is on a mission to build innovative, user-friendly software that helps home contractors compete and grow their business.
Contractors use OnCall Air's unique platform to modernize their sales operations and present a compelling and interactive digital shopping experience to their customers.
Since our launch in late 2016, thousands of HVAC contractors have used OnCall Air's software to present hundreds of thousands of digital proposals to homeowners across North America, resulting in billions of dollars in closed sales on the platform.
But we're just getting started...
This is a unique role for a front-end software developer to help us build the next generation of features in our web-based SaaS platform.
The developer's goal is to work closely with our team to design, architect, code, test, and deploy a high quality software product with exciting new features designed to help small businesses across North America grow.
What does a typical day look like?
Trick question. We’re a rapidly growing tech company, and there is no such thing as a typical day!
But here are some of the things you’ll probably be doing in the first few months:
- Collaborate closely with other team members in architecture, code reviews, and testing.
- Work closely with product managers, UX designers, and operations team to understand user needs and implement product requirements
- Define and implement best practices to keep code bug-free, lean, and effective.
- Write practical tests that improve the reliability of the software
- Use tools like Figma to create interactive prototypes ahead of development
- Work with the back-end API and database developers to develop new features
- Learn new skills as you work with a multi-skilled team of engineers!
Regardless of education or work history, the Product Analyst has these core skills:
- HTML/CSS - Expertise in HTML and CSS. 3+ years. Solid understanding of CSS frameworks is a plus.
- AngularJS - At least 6 months of hands-on coding in AngularJS, or a similar technology like React or Vue.js.
- Architecture - A solid understanding of modern web development, including MVC frameworks
- Testing- Knows how to build effective tests for code.
- Learning Enthusiast - You will challenge us to stay ahead of the curve and bring the latest techniques across the coding spectrum.
As a member of the Watsco team, you'll be a full time salaried employee with competitive benefits, including 401k, vacation & paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance.
Where is the Job Based
This job is officially based out of our Coconut Grove office in Miami, FL. However, we are currently operating as a remote business, and anticipate that in 2022 we'll embrace a mix of remote and hybrid work models.
Full time remote opportunities are considered on a case-by-case basis, and are currently available for applicants who reside anywhere in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia.
About Watsco & Watsco Ventures
OnCall Air is part of Watsco Ventures, and is proud to be the first incubated business to emerge from the Ventures group. Watsco Ventures is a division of Watsco, Inc.
Watsco (www.watsco.com) is the largest North American distribution company in the $80 Billion HVAC Industry, with over four decades of consistent growth, and annual revenues greater than $5 billion (NYSE:WSO).
A major engine of Watsco's growth is driven by investments in technology, including Watsco's innovative mobile and E-Commerce groups, and the OnCall Air, Alert Labs, and Credit for Comfort software and IOT businesses.
To apply, please introduce yourself via an email to email@example.com explaining why you are a great fit for the job, and attach your resume.
Please job code “FRONTEND-22" in the subject line of the email.
Please be sure to review the job locations prior to submitting your application.