OnCall Air (www.oncallair.com) is on a mission to build innovative, user-friendly software that helps home contractors compete and grow their business.
Contractors use OnCall Air's unique platform to modernize their sales operations and present a compelling and interactive digital shopping experience to their customers.
Since our launch in late 2016, thousands of HVAC contractors have used OnCall Air's software to present hundreds of thousands of digital proposals to homeowners across North America, resulting in billions of dollars in closed sales on the platform.
But we're just getting started...
This is a unique role for a back-end software developer to help us build the next generation of features in our web-based SaaS platform.
The developer's goal is to work closely with our team to design, architect, code, test, and deploy a high quality software product with exciting new features designed to help small businesses across North America grow.
Our platform is built on a robust web stack, with the primary platform consisting of an Angular web client, a PHP-based API server, a relational mySQL database and an ORM layer, all hosted on an AWS stack.
Our platform supports transactions worth millions of dollars each day and we're growing at a rapid clip, so scalability and reliability are essential.
We aim for a predictable and repeatable software process that balances agility with a transparent and disciplined prioritization process that embraces a diversity of ideas.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop new features and functions for existing or new products, and improve the code base for existing features.
- Maintain and enhance coding standards and best practices.
- Research and implement new technologies, tools and methods.
- Squash bugs as necessary and assist on testing.
- Create and implement robust unit tests.
- Collaborate with other developers on code reviews.
- Collaborate closely with the Product team on features, stories, and bugs.
This is a role for someone with a few years of experience writing server-side software, specifically using the following technologies:
- Object Oriented Programing using PHP (2 years)
- MySQL / SQL and strong Relational Database concepts
- Build and Consume modern RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern deployment practices and technologies (e.g., Docker, Jenkins, Git)
- Ability to understand the core of a problem and research possible solutions using relevant online resources.
- Clear communication skills to collaborate and share ideas effectively
As a member of the Watsco team, you'll be a full time salaried employee with competitive benefits, including 401k, vacation & paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance.
Where is the Job Based
This job is officially based out of our Coconut Grove office in Miami, FL. However, we are currently operating as a remote business, and anticipate that in 2022 we'll embrace a mix of remote and hybrid work models.
Full time remote opportunities are considered on a case-by-case basis, and are currently available for applicants who reside anywhere in Florida, Texas, North Carolina, and Georgia.
About Watsco & Watsco Ventures
OnCall Air is part of Watsco Ventures, and is proud to be the first incubated business to emerge from the Ventures group. Watsco Ventures is a division of Watsco, Inc.
Watsco (www.watsco.com) is the largest North American distribution company in the $80 Billion HVAC Industry, with over four decades of consistent growth, and annual revenues greater than $5 billion (NYSE:WSO).
A major engine of Watsco's growth is driven by investments in technology, including Watsco's innovative mobile and E-Commerce groups, and the OnCall Air, Alert Labs, and Credit for Comfort software and IOT businesses.
To apply, please introduce yourself via an email to email@example.com explaining why you are a great fit for the job, and attach your resume.
Please job code “SERVER-22" in the subject line of the email.
Please be sure to review the job locations prior to submitting your application.